The new Transit Oriented Development (TOD) will be the new focus for the City of El Cerrito and transform the City’s downtown commercial core. The development will include buildings between 5 and 7 stories and will include large public areas including a new park, street improvements and major improvements to the Ohlone Greenway. The development will potentially also include a new library as well as some commercial space making this the into the new downtown.
Holliday Development, Related California, and SAHA are responsible for the development. The project will be managed by the joint development team and overseen by BART. Architectural design will be co-led by Pyatok and VMWP, with Einwiller Kuehl as the landscape architect.
- Placemaking open space at the station
- Enhancing flow from hills to Bay
- Variety in building scale
- Transition from neighborhood to downtown
- Sustainable at every scale
- Market-Rate Developer: Holliday Development
- Affordable Developers: Related CA & SAHA
- Architects: PYATOK, VMWP, & EinwillerKeuhl
- Site Area: approx. 8 acres
- Completion: 2025