Belle Terre is a 46-unit development of new affordable senior rental housing in downtown Lafayette. The development includes one building with a two-story element along Mt. Diablo Boulevard that steps up to three-stories. A gracious front porch wraps around the building’s Mt. Diablo frontage and along the eastern side of the building, providing a welcoming residential appearance. Garage parking is located under a podium towards the back of the development. Belle Terre incorporates specifically designed features to address aging in place. The site plan includes an outdoor patio and tenant gardens area, providing comfortable space for group social and recreational interaction.
Provide an affordable, supportive environment for elders to live comfortably and receive the assistance they need to age in place in the community.
Develop a 46-unit community of affordable senior rental housing.
- Parking garage under podium
- All units and public spaces are designed to be wheelchair accessible/adaptable
- Community room, formal garden and common area on each floor
- Computer lab, two informal sunrooms and a 2,520 sq. ft. exterior courtyard with raised planters for gardening
- Building located on site to maximize the quality and quantity of open space
- Design addresses resident needs as they age in place, such as decreased mobility/ sight, safe ambulating and wayfinding of residents
- Solar hot water heating
- Photovoltaic panels
- Recycled content carpeting
- Energy Star® appliances
- Motion sensors in common areas
- GreenPoint Rated Label with 149 points
- Exceeds Title 24 by at least 25%
- Building size/acres: 53,626 sf/.80 acre
- Density: 46 units – 57 du/ac
- Completion: 2013