Clara Gardens at 3555 El Camino Real, will be a rental community with 120 deeply affordable rental apartments in Santa Clara The proposed development will consist of the renovation of an existing 2-story motel and the development of a new 7-story building. Once completed, the development will have 43 renovated units and 77 newly constructed apartments.
Located along El Camino Real, a commercial thoroughfare, the development will provide residents access to a variety of local and regional amenities. The property will provide a mix of studios, 1-bedrooms, 2-bedrooms and 3-bedrooms for low-income households. 25% of units will be set-aside for formerly homeless individuals and families. The development will have two multi-purpose community rooms, two exterior courtyards, and offices for property management and resident services.
- Strong professional on-site services
- 1,200 s.f. ground floor commercial space
- Common outdoor spaces including tot lot and terrace
- Third floor roof deck
- 3 level parking stackers with pits
- Landscape streetscape buffer
- 120 bike storage
- Tot lot outside communal laundry
- Extensive solar array
- Client: RCD Housing
- Site Area: Existing motel 17,020 S.F.; New building 101,560 S.F.
- Density: Total 120 units; Existing motel 43 units; New building 77 units
- Completion: 2024