Cottonwood Place Senior Apartments is a mixed-use development with 98 rental apartments, 9,300 sq. ft. of commercial space for the senior health care provider On Lok, and 550 sq. ft. for the City of Fremont Senior Services Office. The project consists of one and two bedroom apartments and targets extremely low income and frail seniors. A classic, warm material palate has been selected to create visual articulation at both the entrances and the bays. The building forms a courtyard with openings in the northwestern and southeastern corners, crossed by bridges from the second and third floors. The northern end of the courtyard has raised planter beds for the residents to comfortably do a bit of gardening.
Design a site plan to accommodate easy, convenient access for visitors and clients of the On Lok and City Programs, while also providing a safe and secure living environment for the residential community to age in place.
Create a mixed-use senior rental development with commercial space that successfully transitions from both the commercial & residential areas of the neighborhood.
- Articulated rhythm created by series of living room bays
- Strong cornice line accenting the varied roof heights
- Extensive way finding system with visual cues
- Raised planter beds for gardening
- Classic warm material palate
- Extensive storm water management system
- Exceeded T-24 by 42%
- GPR rating of 200 points
- Energy Star certification
- Solar hot water panels & photovoltaics
- Bay-Friendly Rated 128 points
- Rated LEED for Homes Platinum
- Building size/acres: 98 units/ 2.98 acres
- Density: 33 units/acre
- Completion: June 2012