Crossing Pointe North is an affordable senior and family housing community located adjacent to the Colorado & 104th St. light rail station in Thornton, Colorado. Though the affordable housing project is within walking distance of community-serving retail, the site is bound by permanent open space on two sides.
Crossing Pointe North is the first completed building within a larger site plan that incorporates three buildings organized around landscaped courtyards which will serve as extensions of the various amenities provided. Crossing Pointe North’s features and courtyards both encourage community building and promote a healthy lifestyle by providing spaces for interaction and healthy activities like vegetable gardens, active play equipment and gathering plazas. Two of the buildings in the larger plan will be four-story multifamily residential, while the third, Crossing Point North is a four-story senior living building. Together the affordable housing project will provide 206 dwelling units with surface and underground parking. The units at grade have walk-up entries and patios fronting the courtyards, while the upper units enjoy mountain views to the west.
Two indoor community spaces in Crossing Pointe North create gathering and amenities for the senior residents as well as for their families in separate facilities.
- Four-story Type V and Type I construction
- Three courtyards, each unique in character
- Community gardens
- Active play equipment and splash fountain
- Active stairs in the lobbies
- Affordable Senior and Family Housing
- Stoops and patios fronting the courtyards
- Business and Fitness Centers
- Enterprise Green Community
- White TPO roof reduces heat island effect
- Cement board siding
- Adjacent to public transportation
- Energy Star appliances
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Air barrier building envelope
- Low U-value windows
- Client: Maiker Housing Partners
- Building size/acres: 221,989 sf./ 5.09 acres
- Density: 206 units