Crossing Pointe North, is an affordable senior and family housing community located adjacent to the Colorado & 104th St. light rail station in Thornton, Colorado. Though the affordable housing project is within walking distance of community serving retail, the site is bound by permanent open space on two sides.
The disposition of the site plan incorporates three buildings organized around landscaped courtyards that will serve as extensions of the various amenities that are provided. The building features and courtyards both encourage community building and promote healthy lifestyle by providing spaces for interaction and healthy activities like vegetable gardens, active play equipment and gathering plazas. Two of the buildings will be four story multifamily residential while the third is a senior living building. Together the affordable housing project will provide 206 dwelling units with surface and underground parking. The units at grade have walk-up entries and patios fronting the courtyards, while the higher units enjoy mountain views to the west.
Two community centers or clubhouses create gathering and amenity spaces for the senior residents as well as for the families in separate facilities.
- Four-story Type V and Type I construction
- Three courtyards, each unique in character
- Community gardens
- Active play equipment and splash fountain
- Active stairs in the lobbies
- Affordable Senior and Family Housing
- Stoops and patios fronting the courtyards
- Business and Fitness Centers
- Enterprise Green Community
- White TPO roof reduces heat island effect
- Cement board siding
- Adjacent to public transportation
- Energy Star appliances
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Air barrier building envelope
- Low U-value windows
- Client: Maiker Housing Partners
- Building size/acres: 221,989 sf./ 5.09 acres
- Density: 206 units