Victory Village is a 54 unit affordable senior housing development, one third of whom are coming out of homelessness, nestled in the trees just off Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in Fairfax, CA. The building is sited between two hills and follows the terraces of the site’s topography with a two-story portion of the building nearest Sir Francis Drake Boulevard. The central three story portion of the building wraps around two court yards and includes the main entry lobby, management and service offices, common laundry facilities, and resident common spaces for resident gatherings and events. Both courtyards are protected with deer fencing as they provide landscaped resident use areas. One courtyard provides raised accessible planter beds for resident’s use and the other courtyard provides an outdoor area off the community room for outdoor resident events. The new building is approximately 50,000 sf with 43 parking spaces. The Fairfax Senior Housing Project aims to develop a lively, affordable housing community, and hopes to encourage a connection with the surrounding outdoor environment while providing easy access to the surrounding communities via nearby transit.
Victory Village is a lively, affordable housing community, designed to connect residents with the surrounding outdoor environment while providing easy access to the surrounding communities via nearby transit.
- Courtyards with raised planter beds and vegetation providing natural light and connection to outdoor environment
- Building materials and colors chosen to respond to natural environment
- Multiple entry locations
- Terraced building responding to the natural grade
- Solar Thermal and PV panels
- Gray water
- Passive Solar Design, Sunshades
- Native, drought tolerant landscaping
- Client: Resources for Community Development
- Building size/acres: 50,000 sq.ft./ 2 acre
- Density: 54 units
- 2021 Grand Award, PCBC Gold Nugget for Best Affordable Senior Housing Community
- 2023 Architizer A+ Special Mention for Affordable Housing