An Equitable Redevelopment Plan will reflect the new vision for the Gwinnett Place Mall and guide the redevelopment of the site. The County is launching an engagement process to hear from communities around the mall that will help develop a shared definition of equity – where your identity does not shape your outcomes – and guide the project by identifying ways the redevelopment can reduce barriers for existing and future businesses, residents, and visitors.
Based on community input and research into best practices from other regions, the County has developed two proposed conceptual designs for reestablishing the Gwinnett Place Mall as a dynamic, prominent destination that welcomes all members of the community and improves their quality of life.
- Outdoor activity center and food-oriented retail
- Establish new neighborhood with high-density affordable residences
- Retaining existing Macy’s, Beauty Master, and Mega Mart as flagship tenants
- New bike lanes connecting to nearby parks and Transit Center
- Site Area : 100 acres
- Density : TBD
- Construction estimate : TBD