The Mississippi Center for Innovation and Tech Transfer transforms the historic three-story Mississippi Hardware warehouse building into a state-of-the-art accelerated technology transfer center that will host: (1) an entrepreneurial center – a combination of experimental, computational, and interactive workspaces; (2) a graduate center – a specialized educational center that allows for advanced science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business programs; and a (3) State Technology Transfer Center – a programmatic enclave where new and existing Mississippi businesses can work directly with federal and local programs to advance their technology and business concepts; and a (4) craft brewery. The Mississippi Hardware Co. building sits on a corner lot covering 3.3 acres across the street from the Vicksburg Convention Center and overlooking the Mississippi River.
This project aims to leverage the historical value of the existing building and invest in the activation of the site by offering a progressive learn\work environment.
- Operable pivot style windows across the entire, building including the clerestory, permit cross ventilation
- A central grand staircase acts as the spine of innovation and communication with multiple stakeholders
- Flex ‘Exchange Spaces’ through out the building encourage the flow of ideas across industries
- A 900 sq.ft. theater/presentation space offers a welcoming setting for lectures and guest speakers
- Tap Room/Beer Garden offers a social hour amenity available to the community
- Client: Cantwell-Anderson, Inc.
- Building size/acres: 51,000 sq.ft./ 3.3 acres