The Proforma Interactive studio is built within a transformed 1920’s warehouse in the South of Market area of San Francisco. The program for this growing multimedia company called for administration and production studios for up to 15 current employees with potential expansion space for up to 45 people. A daylit circulation spine and zoned interior layout helped solve the multi-functioning needs of the company. The project included a seismic upgrade, as well as new mechanical and electrical systems. New front and back facades anchor this old/new building transformation.
Create a flexible, multifunctional workspace organized around a daylit central spine.
Provide administrative and production studios for a growing multimedia company.
- Sandblasted concrete walls
- Zoned interior layout to accommodate diverse functions
- Flexible floor plan to allow for workforce expansion
- Building size/acres: 11,000 sq. ft.
- Completion: 1998
- Reuse of existing building
- Natural ventilation throughout
- Clerestory windows daylight all interior spaces