The Santa Clara Fairgrounds project was a joint venture developer proposal to redevelop the approximately 150 acre Santa Clara County Fairgrounds property into a walkable mixed-use community. The plan focused around a diverse open space and stormwater management network that connects the residential areas to the repurposed fairgrounds concourse and the new mixed-use areas. The plan included 1,480 total units, 48,000 sf of retail/restaurant uses, 270,000 sf of Office/Light Industrial, and maintained some of the existing fairground uses.
- Reconnect the Site to Surrounding Context
- Add Vitality to Monterey Corridor Area
- Enhance the legacy of the Fairgrounds
- Establish Regional/Community-wide Recreational Opportunities
- Create an Urban, Pedestrian and Sustainable Community
- Provide a Mix of Uses for Economic Vitality and Livability