Posted on: June 24, 2022
Marin County Supervisor Katie Rice and San Rafael Mayor Kate Colin to Offer Remarks Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus Will Be The First Car-Free Community in San Rafael
Source: Eden Housing
Vivalon, a San Rafael-based nonprofit that advances independence, health, and quality of life for older adults and people with disabilities, and Eden Housing commemorated the groundbreaking of Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus & Senior Housing on Friday, June 3, in downtown San Rafael (999 Third Street).
The groundbreaking ceremony and celebration included the participation of elected officials, including representatives of U.S. Congressman Jared Huffman, California Senator Mike McGuire and California Assemblymember Marc Levine, Marin County Supervisor Katie Rice, San Rafael Mayor Kate Colin, and San Rafael Councilmember Eli Hill, as well as Vivalon CEO Anne Grey, former Vivalon CEO Joe O’Hehir, Eden Housing CEO Linda Mandolini, and Marin Community Foundation and Marin Housing Authority representatives.
The Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus will include 66 units of 100% affordable senior homes, in partnership with Eden Housing. Additionally, the Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus will include a Healthy Aging Center and Integrated Care Clinic that will combine traditional medical services with coordinated care, social engagement, learning opportunities, nutrition services, and activities and programs designed to promote healthy aging. It will also be San Rafael’s first car-free community. The Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus is expected to open in December 2023.
For more information about the Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus, visit www.healthyagingcampus.org
Friday, June 3, 2022, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Vivalon Healthy Aging Campus (construction site)
999 Third Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
PHOTO & VIDEO OPPS:
Special guests and speakers include:
- Representative, Office of U.S. Congressman Jared Huffman (CA 2nd District)
- Joan Lubamersky, District Representative, California State Assemblymember Marc Levine (10th District)
- Katie Rice, Marin County Board of Supervisors President
- Summer Cassel, Marin County District Representative, California Senator Mike McGuire
- Kate Colin, San Rafael Mayor
- Eli Hill, San Rafael City Councilmember
- Anne Grey, Vivalon CEO
- Linda Mandolini, Eden Housing CEO
- Joe O’Hehir, former Vivalon CEO
- Beth Reizman, Vivalon Board of Directors, President
- Susan and Dennis Gilardi (project funders)
- Kimberly Carroll, Deputy Executive Director, Marin Housing Authority (project funder)
- Jonathan Klein, Senior Managing Director, First Republic Bank (project funder)
- Fathia Macauley Chief Lending Officer, Housing Trust Silicon Valley (project funder)
- Jonathan Logan, VP of Community Engagement, Marin Community Foundation (project funder)
- Shirin Vakharia, Director for Health & Aging, Marin Community Foundation (project funder)
Vivalon (formerly known as Whistlestop) has served as Marin County’s hub for healthy aging for 67 years. As the largest nonprofit serving older adults and people with disabilities in Marin County, Vivalon helps these valuable community members stay healthy, active, connected, and informed with classes, workshops, and activities at its Healthy Aging Center; nutrition services such as home delivered meals through its Meals on Wheels and Vivalon Nourish programs and nutritious meals at its Jackson Café; and a variety of specialized transportation services. In addition to serving the needs of older adults and individuals living with disabilities, Vivalon provides services for other vulnerable populations, such as those with chronic health challenges and low-income families. For more information about Vivalon, please visit www.vivalon.org
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with more than 50 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Posted in: News