Crossing Pointe South is an affordable family housing community located adjacent to the Colorado & 104th St. light rail station in Thornton, Colorado. Though the affordable housing project is within walking distance of community-serving retail, the site is bound by permanent open space on two sides.
The disposition of the site plan incorporates buildings organized around landscaped courtyards that will serve as extensions of the various amenities that are provided. The building features and courtyards both encourage community building and promote a healthy lifestyle by providing spaces for interaction and healthy activities like vegetable gardens and gathering plazas. The buildings are both four-story family living buildings. Together with Phase 1 the affordable housing project will provide 206 dwelling units with surface and underground parking. The units at grade have walk-up entries and patios fronting the courtyards, while the higher units enjoy mountain views to the west.
Two community centers or clubhouses create gathering and amenity spaces for the senior residents as well as for the families in separate facilities.
- Four-story Type V construction
- Central courtyard between buildings
- Community gardens
- Active play equipment and splash fountain
- Active stairs in the lobbies
- Affordable Family Housing
- Stoops and patios fronting the courtyards
- Business and Fitness Centers
- Enterprise Green Community
- White TPO roof reduces heat island effect
- Cement board siding
- Adjacent to public transportation
- Energy Star appliances
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Air barrier building envelope
- Low U-value windows
- Client: Maiker Housing Partners
- Building size/acres: 144,922 sf./ 3.14 acres
- Residential: 142 units
- Parking: 236 spaces