Dry Creek Commons at 155 Dry Creek Road is a four story development that makes improvements to the Foss Creek and wetlands environment and provides 58 quality affordable family rental apartments for the community on 3.53 acres, completing a key gateway property along the Dry Creek Entry Corridor.
The site design embraces Foss Creek by expanding the wetland and riparian environment and providing children and families with strong visual connections to the wetlands and creek. A series of stormwater management elements and newly created wetlands will filter and cleanse stormwater runoff, offer flood protection, and preserve and enhance important wetland habitat and riparian corridor. The Two buildings frame both the Dry Creek Road frontage and the wetlands and open space along Foss Creek.
The project design strikes a balance between the more urban character of Dry Creek Road, the immediate surroundings that are more commercial/industrial in nature and the residential nature of the greater community.
- Covered entry arcade
- Two buildings are connected by a bridge
- Primary access by private driveway
- New tree-lined pedestrian streetscape
- Utilities to be undergrounded
- Common outdoor space: contemplative areas, play areas, and a central gathering plaza which connects to the commons room, teen center and lobby
- Expanding and restoring existing 0.57 acres of seasonal wetlands to 0.85 acres
- All-electric building
- Extensive stormwater management
- Photovoltaic panels to off-set energy loads
- Client: Burbank Housing
- Building Area/Lot Area: 3.53 acres
- Density: 58 units
- Completion: TBD