Ella Rohlff’s Place at St. Mark’s Square will be a new 100% affordable housing building for seniors on Ellis Street between Franklin and Gough, in San Francisco. The existing one story plaza will be demolished and on grade parking below will be removed to make room for the new building. The proposed Ella Rohlff’s Place will yield 94 units of below-market-rate housing for seniors, a new community room, administrative space, and a landscaped courtyard to connect the existing outdoor spaces and existing buildings that make up the St. Mark’s Square campus.
- Modern design language unique to Ella Rohlffs
- Design features relate to the surrounding St. Mark’s church and Martin Luther tower
- Connects to its surroundings creating a cohesive campus at St. Marks square
- Creates a sanctuary open to the public
- Photovoltaic panels at roof
- Greenpoint rated
- Stormwater infiltration
- Client: John Stewart Company on behalf of Martin Luther Tower Inc.
- Site Area: 70,796 S.F.
- Density: 94 units
- Completion: TBD