1012 Linda Vista and 1110 Terra Bella is an affordable community with a strong focus on sustainability and building efficiency. The six-story, 100 unit building is oriented along the North/South axis, with the most active facade on the south facing frontage and street corner. An entry plaza with accent paving, public art and an area for seating connect to the community space along Terra Bella Avenue. The building mass is angled at the south end to provide a distinctive facade at the corner. The angled wedge steps down to five stories to provide for a South facing roof deck at the sixth floor, shaded by a solar photovoltaic canopy. The two masses are connected by a transparent, naturally ventilated bridge that overlooks two landscaped roof decks below.
The project comprises of five levels of prefabricated modular construction on top of a site built podium. The offsite built modular construction has the benefits of increased construction efficiency and quality control, as well as decreased construction time and site disruption.
The project offers a variety of community and support spaces for residents including a south facing community space that connects to the front plaza and is adjacent to a resident garden. Offices are located on the first and second floors, and a quiet room is provided for resident use. Common areas on the second floor are clustered to maximize opportunities for social interaction; a community room, lounge and laundry room all open to a landscaped roof deck that overlooks Linda Vista Avenue.
- Multiple common roof decks
- Massing elements connected by a transparent, naturally ventilated bridge
- Dynamic articulation along East and West facades
- Distinct angled massing at South accentuating lobby and community room
- Targeted LEED Platinum
- Natural cross ventilation and daylight in every unit
- Targeted Net Zero Energy
- Extensive use of photovoltaic panels to offset energy use
- Energy efficient appliances
- Modular construction with decreased site disruption and better building material efficiency
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- 100% of stormwater treatment onsite
- Client: Palo Alto Housing
- Building Area/Lot Area: 78,204 S.F./ 0.61 acre
- Density: 100 units / 166 DUA
- Completion: Est. Dec 2021