San Lorenzo Senior Housing is a 77-unit senior affordable rental housing development located within a shopping center in the unincorporated Alameda County neighborhood of San Lorenzo, California. The site formerly housed a post office, which was demolished to accommodate the new construction. The new 4-story building offers 70 one-bedroom units, 2 two-bedroom units, 4 studios, and 1 additional management unit. The apartments are available to seniors 55 years of age and older, who earn up to 50% of area median income. The program includes offices for on-site property management staff, a large garden area with integrated walkways and patio on the ground floor, a community room with kitchen, an exercise room, computer lab, and laundry rooms. The building’s composition includes 3-stories of wood frame construction over one story of concrete podium for common area and tuck under parking. The project achieved a respectable Platinum Green Point Rating.
This development is the first step in creating a mixed-use community in this retail strip mall. The strong frontage coupled with the neighboring library provides a civic presence for the San Lorenzo Community.
- Large courtyard featuring orchard and pavilion
- Extensive trellis n Sunshades throughout
- Warm exterior finishes
- Large sundial on visible facade
- Green point rated (170 points expected)
- PV ready
- Solar thermal hot water system
- Energy efficient appliances
- Recycled materials with low VOC content
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Client: Mercy Housing California
- Building size/acres: 76,257 sq.ft./ 1.36 acre
- Density: 77 units