Building E is part of the Balboa Reservoir neighborhood, a diverse and inclusive mixed-income community that brings together residents and neighbors around the new Reservoir Park. Building E is one of many buildings in a new master plan being realized at the Balboa Reservoir in San Francisco, next to City College. Balboa Reservoir Building E, an affordable multifamily housing project with a publicly accessible community room. It will have 124 affordable units and will frame the all-important Reservoir Park, the landscaping centerpiece for the whole development, along with other parts of Phase 1.
The project has ambitious sustainability goals and boasts a PV roof structure seeking to generate enough energy to island off the grid.
- Connect to natural setting
- Links to surrounding commercial, residential, and institutional uses
- Photovoltaic Isolation
- Distinct stepping architecture
- Resiliency hub during adverse weather or air-quality events
- Extensive use of photovoltaic panels aiming for energy independence
- Pursuing LEED Platinum Certification
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) neutral
- Client: BRIDGE Housing
- Site Area: 31,330 sq. ft / 0.72 acres
- Density: 128 family units
- Completion: est. 2024