Downtown Foster City creates a new center for the city, a gathering place for both city residents and visitors. A combination of residential and commercial uses has been carefully assembled to enliven the streets both day and night, anchored by a multi-screen movie theater, restaurants, shops, and housing for older adults. A town square at the heart of the site will create a signature sense of place within the city with a town green, interactive water feature and a farmers market.
Create a vibrant mixed-use neighborhood that promotes pedestrian activity and attracts a variety of people to its amenities.
Develop a mixed-use community, including senior oriented housing, traditional “downtown” oriented retail, a village square, and a small charter high school for the 15 acres located between Foster City’s Civic Center and the North Peninsula Jewish Campus.
- Visual and pedestrian connections to City Hall and Performing Arts Center
- Flexible farmers market space
- Town Square with interactive water feature and grass seating area
- Linear water feature along main entry street drawing pedestrians into the site
- Variety of senior housing types including: affordable, active senior condo’s, and assisted living